Congratulations to Our Nestlé Purina Scholarship Winner!

Nestlé Purina PetCare Company helps future veterinarian Ally Sterman prepare to treat shelter pets.

Thanks to a generous grant from Nestlé Purina PetCare Company, soon-to-be Dr. Ally Sterman, at The Ohio State University will receive a tuition reimbursement upon her successful completion of VME 6811 Shelter Animal Physical Health.

Shelter Animal Physical Health is one of three online courses offered by Maddie’s® Online Certificate Program in Shelter Medicine.

Click here to read more about Nestlé Purina’s involvement in shelter programs.

Meet the Recipient

Ally Sterman
Ally Sterman

My name is Ally Sterman and I am currently a third year veterinary student at The Ohio State University. I first became interested in shelter medicine when I was an undergraduate student and found myself dog walking at a local shelter. Here I met a shelter veterinarian who sparked my interest in the field and introduced me to high volume spay/neuter and shelter medicine.

My experiences have influenced my decision to gain further education in shelter medicine. Maddie’s Online Certificate shelter program is a great supplement to my education and will help better prepare me for my future career. This program will compliment my strong interest and experiences in high volume spay and neuter, giving me the applicable shelter medicine knowledge that I have not been as exposed to. With this knowledge I will be better able to work for shelters and offer valuable insight and assistance in daily operations.