Brian A. DiGangi, DVM, MS, DABVP
Clinical Associate Professor of Shelter Medicine
Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences
Dr. DiGangi is board certified in canine and feline practice and recently completed a three-year residency in shelter animal medicine. He serves as vice president of the board of directors of the Association of Shelter Veterinarians. During his veterinary school career, he completed clinical externships in both shelter medicine and exotic animal medicine. As co-founder of the University of Florida Student Chapter of the Association of Shelter Veterinarians, he volunteered at the county animal shelter on a regular basis, organized spay-neuter wet labs for students, regularly participated in Operation Catnip, and fostered animals for local rescue organizations. Dr. DiGangi’s special interests include cleaning and disinfection; high quality, high volume spay-neuter techniques; and enhancing the welfare of animals in shelters.
- MS, University of Florida, 2011
- Resident in Shelter Medicine, University of Florida, 2009-2010
- Resident in Shelter Medicine, Cornell University, 2007-2009
- Intern in Small Animal Medicine, Surgery and Critical Care, Long Island Veterinary Specialists, Plainview, NY, 2006-2007
- DVM, University of Florida, 2006
- BS, Animal Science, North Carolina State University, 2001
- DiGangi BA, et al., Detection of protective antibody titers against feline panleukopenia virus,feline herpesvirus-1, and feline calicivirus in shelter cats using a point-of-care ELISA, J Feline Med Surg (2011), doi:10.1016/j.jfms.2011.07.009
- DiGangi BA, Griffin B, Levy JK, et al. Use of a commercially available relaxin test for detection of pregnancy in cats. J Am Vet Med Assoc 2010; 237:1267-1274.
- Griffin B, DiGangi BA, Bohling M. (2009). A Review of Spay-Neuter. In Consultations in Feline Internal Medicine VI. Ed. August J. Saunders Elsevier: St. Louis.
- DiGangi BA. Cleaning and Disinfection for the Spay-Neuter Clinic. 2009. Available online with the Association of Shelter Veterinarians.
- DiGangi BA, Crawford PC, Levy JK. Outcome of cats adopted from a biomedical research program. J Appl Anim Welfare Sci 2006; 9: 143-163.