Sylvia Tucker, BS
Biological Scientist, Maddie’s® Shelter Medicine Program at the University of Florida
Ms. Tucker coordinates the research programs of Maddie’s® Shelter Medicine Program to develop new knowledge in areas where insufficient information exists today. The program is currently testing a GnRH vaccine that may provide an alternative to surgical sterilization in cats, developing improved tests for canine influenza virus, determining the most common causes of respiratory disease outbreaks in shelter dogs, investigating usage patterns of identification microchips by shelters and veterinarians, testing identification collars for cats, and determining infectious disease rates in shelter animals.
- BS, Animal Science, Cornell University
- Reese MJ, Patterson EV, Tucker SJ, Dubovi EJ, Davis RD, Crawford PC, Levy, JK. Effects of anesthesia and surgery on serologic responses to vaccination in kittens. J Am Vet Med Assoc 2008;233:116-121.
- Levy JK, Crawford PC, Lappin MR, Dubovi EJ, Levy MG, Alleman R, Tucker SJ, Clifford EL. Infectious diseases of dogs and cats on Isabela Island, Galapagos. J Vet Intern Med 2008;22:60-65.
- Patterson EV, Reese MJ, Tucker SJ, Dubovi EJ, Crawford PC, Levy JK. Effect of vaccination on parvovirus testing in kittens. J Am Vet Med Assoc 2007;230:359-363.
- Fischer SM, Quest CM, Dubovi EJ, Davis RD, Tucker SJ, Friary JA, Crawford PC, Ricke TA, Levy JK. Response of feral cats to vaccination at the time of neutering. J Am Vet Med Assoc 2007;230:52-58.
- Claus MA, Levy JK, MacDonald K, Tucker SJ, Crawford PC. Immunoglobulin concentrations in feline colostrum and milk, and the requirement of colostrum for passive transfer of immunity to neonatal kittens. J Fel Med Surg2006;8:184-191.
- MacDonald K, Levy JK, Tucker SJ, Crawford PC. Effects of passive transfer of immunity on results of diagnostic tests for antibodies against feline immunodeficiency virus in kittens born to vaccinated queens. J Am Vet Med Assoc 2004;225:1554-1557.