Conferences: by Maddie's® Program
Maddie’s® Shelter Medicine Program at University of Florida will not be offering a 2015 Shelter Medicine Conference.
Instead, you may be interested in the 2015 ASPCA Cornell Maddie’s® Shelter Medicine Conference that will take place in Ithaca, NY on August 1 & 2, 2015, or contact the American Board of Veterinary Practitioners or the Association of Shelter Veterinarians for information about upcoming conferences.
Maddie’s® Shelter Medicine Conference
A Focused Look at the Challenges in Shelters Today
We are delighted to bring a great breadth of speaker expertise to this conference each year. Many past topics, including behavior assessment tools and pain management in shelters, were suggested by veterinarians. Our presenters address important challenges in shelters today including:
- Controlling infectious disease
- Maximizing the veterinarian’s role in protecting health and welfare of shelter pets
- Developing standard operating protocols that assure quality control and accountability in shelter care
Our three-day conference for veterinarians, technicians, and program managers is packed to the brim with continuing education sessions. Whether you’re looking for distemper and parvo treatment protocols or insights for treating and placing animals rescued from hoarding situations and puppy mills, you will come away with practical programs that you can implement in your shelter.
Past Conference Resources
- 2014 Maddie’s® Shelter Medicine Conference Recap and Presentations
- 2013 Maddie’s® Shelter Medicine Conference Recap and Presentations
- 2012 Maddie’s® Shelter Medicine Conference Recap and Presentations
- 2011 Maddie’s® Shelter Medicine Conference Presentations
- 2010 Maddie’s® Shelter Medicine Conference Presentations
Maddie’s® Veterinary Forensics Conference
A Focused Look at the Vital Role of Veterinary Forensics in Animal Hoarding Investigations
Veterinary forensic science is a rapidly growing field that’s expanding our ability to investigate and prosecute animal cruelty and neglect. In April 2014, Maddie’s® Shelter Medicine Program will partner with the ASPCA to bring you our Veterinary Forensics Conference held at the UF College of Veterinary Medicine in Gainesville, Florida.
At this event, we will explore the fascinating and disturbing world of animal hoarding, complete with an investigation into the motivations and perspectives of people who hoard and the impacts on the animal victims; looking at the roles of veterinarians, animal welfare workers, law enforcement, municipal government, social workers, and psychologists in hoarding interventions.