Congratulations to this Semester’s Online Shelter Medicine Certificate Recipients!

Congratulations to the newest recipients of the Maddie’s® Online Graduate Certificate in Shelter Medicine!

Seven Professionals and Vet Students Earn Graduate Certificates

We’re excited to announce the newest recipients of the Maddie’s® Online Graduate Certificate in Shelter Medicine!

This summer, seven professional veterinarians and veterinary students received a graduate certification in shelter medicine through our online education program. These talented students and professionals now possess the skills and knowledge they need to make a difference in the lives of shelter pets.

The graduate certificate is designed for working professionals and covers subjects critical to treating sheltered animals, such as sterilization, infectious diseases, animal cruelty, behavioral assessment treatment, and preventative healthcare.

Shelter medicine is now recognized as a veterinary specialty, and Maddie’s Shelter Medicine Program is proud to offer current and future veterinarians the training they need to help homeless pets in shelters across the globe.

The Maddie’s® Online Graduate Certificate in Shelter Medicine provides the opportunity for students to engage in graduate-level coursework intended to prepare them for all aspects of a shelter medicine practice.

Through the power of distance learning, professionals and students can enhance their veterinary skills from anywhere in the world. Read about two of recent recipients:

One of our newest Certificate in Shelter Medicine recipients!
Sarah Carroll

Sarah Carroll

“I am currently a student at Ross University, Class of 2016. I received my BS at NCSU and went on to get a Master’s Certificate in Nonprofit Management. Before starting at Ross, I spent four years working at the Wake County SPCA and Saving Lives S/N Clinic. My passion for shelter medicine has been furthered through my leadership of the university’s shelter club, PAWS, and by serving as a board member for the island’s soon-to-be first ever animal shelter. I am pictured here with a cat named Mimi, who prompted PAWS to start accepting FIV+ cats into our adoption program. I am excited to help more pets just like Mimi get into the homes they deserve and follow my dream of becoming a shelter veterinarian.”

Catherine Herlihy, recipient of the Online Graduate Certificate in Shelter Medicine
Catherine Herlihy

Catherine Herlihy

“I am a 4th year veterinary student (started the Graduate Certificate program in the fall of my 3rd year) at the Atlantic Veterinary College on Prince Edward Island (Canada). I have had an interest and investment in shelter medicine since before veterinary school. I thought this program would really help to set me up for a job in the shelter medicine field after graduation. Now that I have completed the program I can really say I feel that I gained much more knowledge about the shelter world than I ever could have hoped to just with my regular vet school curriculum.”

(Click here to read more about our online forty-seven certificate alumni)

Learn more about the Maddie’s® Online Graduate Certificate in Shelter Medicine.