The Million Cat Challenge was founded on the belief that “Every Cat Counts.” And now we’re hiring someone to count the cats — officially, a data specialist to support the Million Cat Challenge. Could it be you?
Our Million Cat Counter (unofficial title!) will be responsible for database optimization, data management, statistical reporting, and data analysis, and will also provide training and technical support for participants in the Million Cat Challenge.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
- You want a place for everything and everything in its place. Your friends have to pull you away from gathering wayward carts in grocery store parking lots.
- You step up to the challenge of organizing information from multiple sources and obsessively manipulate data until you enter a zen-like state when your spreadsheets are finally perfect.
- You often prove your point using statistics and keep examples of spreadsheets and infographics handy just in case.
- You can geek out over data and technology for hours.
- You are a problem solver who can’t stand the phrase “it can’t be done.”
- Nothing would make you prouder than being part of an effort to save millions more shelter animals every day.
Here’s some fine print:
- Job category and pay rate: This is a time-limited OPS position funded for two years and a starting salary of $16/hour
- Job location: College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- Hours and conditions: 40 hours per week, office environment, occasional travel
- Timeline: Applications will be reviewed starting June 21, 2018. The position will remain open until filled.
Interested? Intrigued? Counting cats in your head already? Read the fine print and apply here!