We’re hiring an outreach and data specialist for the Million Cat Challenge
The Million Cat Challenge was founded on the belief that “Every Cat Counts.” And now we’re hiring someone to count the cats — officially, an Outreach and Data Specialist to support the Million Cat Challenge. Could it be you?
Our Million Cat Counter (unofficial title!) will be responsible for database optimization, data management, statistical reporting, and data analysis, and will also provide training and technical support for participants in the Million Cat Challenge.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
- You want a place for everything and everything in its place. Your friends have to pull you away from gathering wayward carts in grocery store parking lots.
- You step up to the challenge of organizing information from multiple sources and obsessively comb through data until you enter a zen-like state when your spreadsheets are finally perfect.
- You often prove your point using statistics and keep examples of spreadsheets and infographics handy just in case.
- You can geek out over data and technology for hours.
- You are a problem solver who can’t stand the phrase “it can’t be done.”
- Nothing would make you prouder than being part of an effort to save millions more shelter animals every day.
Here’s some fine print:
- How to apply: Submit the following documents online:
- Detailed cover letter describing experience and specific skills in 1) data management, 2) animal welfare, and 3) what is attractive about this position, as well as your availability
- Samples of relevant work product
- Job category and pay rate: This is a time-limited OPS position (http://hr.ufl.edu/working-at-uf/new-employees/temporary-employment-op) funded for two years with a starting salary of $18/hour.
- Job location: College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL. Are you our perfect data geek, but can’t move to Gainesville? Let’s talk.
- Hours and conditions: 40 hours per week, office environment, occasional travel
- Timeline: Applications close September 6.
Interested? Intrigued? Counting cats in your head already? Read the details at http://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/cw/en-us/job/508451/ops-outreach-and-data-specialist. And you can find out more about MCC at millioncatchallenge.org.