Each spay/neuter provider and shelter need to build a plan to re-open and operate in the “new norm.” This may look different for every organization, but seeing what your peers are doing in their programs can go a long way to helping every organization make the best possible choices as they re-boot.
In this recorded panel discussion and Q&A, leading shelter medicine experts discuss how to follow social distancing guidelines while safely performing spay/neuter surgeries.
Panelists include Dr. Elizabeth Berliner from Cornell University, Dr. Cynthia Karsten from UC Davis, Dr. Jennifer Bolser from Association of Shelter Veterinarians, Natalie Corwin from Pet Community Center TN, Gina Clemmer from Clinic HQ, and Aimee St. Arnaud from Best Friends Animal Society.
Topics covered include:
- Virtual scheduling and payments
- Curbside intake
- Curbside release
- Addressing inventory shortages
- Handling staff flow
- Prioritizing patients
- Financial and business considerations
Sign up and view on-demand here.
Other webinars of interest
- COVID-19: 5 Critical Takeaways for Florida Animal Shelters and Spay/Neuter Clinics with Dr. Julie Levy. View here.
- Guidance for COVID-19 for Nonprofit, Government and In Practice Veterinary Personnel with Jim Tedford, president and CEO for The Association for Animal Welfare Advancement and Certified Animal Welfare Administer (CAWA); Michael Lappin, DVM, PhD, DACVIM (SAIM), Chair, WSAVA One Health Committee; Julie Levy, DVM, PhD, DACVIM, DABVP (Shelter Medicine Practice), Fran Marino Endowed Professor of Shelter Medicine, Maddie’s Shelter Medicine Program at UF. View here.
- Spay/Neuter in the COVID Era with Dr. Julie Levy, Fran Marino Endowed Professor of Shelter Medicine Education, Maddie’s Shelter Medicine Program at UF; Aimee St. Arnaud, Director of National Veterinary Programs, Best Friends Animal Society; Sharon Harvey, President and CEO, Cleveland Animal Protective League; Dr. Staci Cannon, Medical Director, Nashville Animal Care and Control. Register and view here.
- 10 Minutes With The Experts with Dr. Julie Levy, Fran Marino Endowed Professor of Shelter Medicine Education, Maddie’s Shelter Medicine Program at UF; Dr. Sandra Newbury, University of Wisconsin Shelter Medicine Program. View here.
- Best Practice Strategies Before, During & After the Pandemic with Sara Pizano, DVM, MA, Maddie’s Shelter Medicine Program at UF/Million Cat Challenge and Team Shelter USA. View here.
- Coping with Stress During COVID-19 with Jessica Dolce, Certified Compassion Fatigue Educator (CCFE). View here.
- Q&A: New Recommendations and Protocol for Sheltering COVID-19 Exposed Pets with Dr. Sandra Newbury, University of Wisconsin Shelter Medicine Program. View here.