Temporary Clerical / Office Assistant
We are seeking a full-time temporary support staff member to join our team as clerical/office assistant for Maddie’s® Shelter Medicine Program, an academic program dedicated to training veterinarians to help homeless pets get healthy, stay healthy, and find new families. Successful candidates should enjoy working in a higher-education setting and helping ensure the success of professionals and professional students for the ultimate benefit of homeless animals. The primary project will be collecting data from Florida animal shelters and compiling and reporting it using Microsoft Excel. Will also support other projects related to improving animal health and welfare.
- The position will be based at UF’s College of Veterinary Medicine in Gainesville, but some travel to local animal shelters is required.
- The position is 32-40 hours a week.
- This is an OPS position at $11/hour.
- The position is available immediately and will extend the duration of the summer, approximately through August/September.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Accurately collect, record, and enter financial data into computer database.
- Contact shelter partners via telephone and email to collect data. Provide customer support and follow-up.
- Accurately collect, record, and enter research data into computer database.
- Assist with various logistical and clerical needs for program faculty, staff, and trainees.
- Other faculty, staff, and student support responsibilities as assigned (may include duties such as conference or course support, logistical assistance, meeting minutes and announcements, other data entry, etc.).
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid Florida driver’s license
- Microsoft Office experience
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and interpersonal)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, and juggle multiple responsibilities gracefully
- Strong sense of flexibility, teamwork, and willingness to assist team members with various projects or logistical needs on short notice
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access)