Conferences: by Maddie's® Program
Maddie’s Shelter Medicine Conference
Maddie’s® Shelter Medicine Program at the University of Florida did not offer a 2015 or 2016 Shelter Medicine Conference.
Past Conference Resources
- 2014 Maddie’s® Shelter Medicine Conference Recap and Presentations
- 2013 Maddie’s® Shelter Medicine Conference Recap and Presentations
- 2012 Maddie’s® Shelter Medicine Conference Recap and Presentations
- 2011 Maddie’s® Shelter Medicine Conference Presentations
- 2010 Maddie’s® Shelter Medicine Conference Presentations
Maddie’s Veterinary Forensics Conference
A Focused Look at the Vital Role of Veterinary Forensics in Animal Hoarding Investigations
Veterinary forensic science is a rapidly growing field that’s expanding our ability to investigate and prosecute animal cruelty and neglect. In April 2014, Maddie’s® Shelter Medicine Program partnered with the ASPCA to bring you our Veterinary Forensics Conference, which was held at the UF College of Veterinary Medicine in Gainesville, Florida.
At this event, explored the fascinating and disturbing world of animal hoarding, complete with an investigation into the motivations and perspectives of people who hoard and the impacts on the animal victims; looking at the roles of veterinarians, animal welfare workers, law enforcement, municipal government, social workers, and psychologists in hoarding interventions.