Submit an Abstract: Frontiers in Shelter Medicine
Abstract and Poster Submission Instructions
- Posters will be presented at the Maddie’s® Shelter Medicine Conference: May 18-20, 2014, in Orlando, Florida.
- Submit your abstract via the web form below.
- Abstracts must conform exactly to the format described in the Abstract Format Instructions.\
- The deadline for submitting an abstract is April 15, 2014.
Awards will be given to selected poster presenters who are currently enrolled in training programs, including: undergraduate, graduate, and professional students; interns; and residents. The poster review committee will judge posters based on:
- Quality of the project study design
- Written abstract
- Poster design
- Poster session presentation
Poster Format and Presentation
The poster should include the following sections, and/or others, as appropriate.
- All sources of research funding and potential conflicts of interest must be disclosed in the lower right corner of the poster.
Poster authors will hang their posters by 3:30 p.m. on Saturday and remove them after Monday’s sessions.
Poster authors are asked to attend their posters during the Sunday afternoon and Monday morning breaks to discuss their posters with conference attendees. (Click here for a complete conference schedule)
- Poster boards measure 4 feet high by 8 feet wide. Helpful hint: posters this size can be made by creating an appropriately-sized Power Point slide or PDF and for printing at Kinkos or similar store.
- Posters should be mounted with push pins or thumb tacks (please bring your own as they will not be provided)
If you’re new to poster presentations or have questions about submitting an abstract, simply contact us.
Submit Your Abstract