Required Textbooks: Integrating Veterinary Medicine with Shelter Systems
Recommended Resources: (Optional)
- Veterinary Forensics: Animal Cruelty Investigations, Second Edition. Merck, 2013.
- Behavior Problems of the Dog and Cat, Third Edition, Landsberg, et al. 2012.
- BSAVA Manual of Canine and Feline Behavioural Medicine, Horowitz and Mills, 2009
- Animal Behavior for Shelter Veterinarians and Staff, First Edition. Weiss, et al. 2015
- Animal Abuse and Unlawful Killing: Forensic Veterinary Pathology, Munroe and Munroe, 2008
- Maddie’s Infection Control Manual for Animal Shelters: for Veterinary Personnel, Christine A. Petersen, Glenda Dvorak, and Anna Rovid-Spickler (editors), 2008. Center for Food Security & Public Health, Iowa State University
- Canine and Feline Infectious Diseases, Jane Sykes, 2014
- Infectious Diseases of the Dog and Cat, Fourth Edition. Greene (editor), Elsevier Saunders Publishing, 2012
- Feline Infectious Diseases, Katrin Hartmann and Julie Levy (editors), Manson Publishing/The Veterinary Press, 2011
- Plumb’s Veterinary Drugs (free for students)
- Merck Veterinary Manual (free online version)
- Saunder’s Comprehensive Veterinary Dictionary, 4th Edition, Studdert, Gay, and Blood, 2014
- Various readings available on UF’s Electronic Reserves. Access via: https://ares.uflib.ufl.edu and within the e-learning Course Reserves area.